Family Connections Leaders Two Day Training in Auckland
This training will give participants an understanding of the Family Connections programme and practical skills to deliver it to whānau.
Date: Thursday 27 – Friday 28 February 2020, 9am – 4:30pm each day.
Venue: Ellerslie Events Centre, Ellerslie Racecourse, 100 Ascot Ave, Remuera.
Trainers: Dr Tessa Brudevold-Iversen and Dr Maria Sampson. See their bios below on this page.
Cost: $250 incl. GST (Covers lunches, morning afternoon teas, training materials.)
Who can attend Family Connections Leaders training?
- Staff who are committed to co-facilitating a 12 week FC group for whānau in their local area and have the support and approval of their service manager to do so. It is recommended they attend with at least one other colleague from the service. Prior knowledge of DBT skills is an advantage though not a prerequisite.
- Whānau members who have completed a 12 week Family Connections group in last 2 years and have endorsement from their FC group facilitator to co-facilitate future FC groups.
What will you get from attending the Family Connection Leaders training?
- A certificate that will enable you to deliver FC groups alongside an experienced FC group leader.
- Access to resources on the international NeaBPD website as a FC Leader.
- As a FC group leader you will be involved in facilitating positive change for whānau with flow-on positive effects for the person who experiences hard to control emotions and their relationship.